J4N3M3

Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?

because polka will never die!

The Reality Dysfunction (Night's Dawn Trilogy #01) [ THE REALITY DYSFUNCTION (NIGHT'S DAWN TRILOGY #01) BY Hamilton, Peter F ( Author ) Oct-08-2008[ THE REALITY DYSFUNCTION (NIGHT'S DAWN TRILOGY #01) [ THE REALITY DYSFUNCTION (NIGHT'S DAWN TRILOGY #01) BY
Peter F. Hamilton
Dying of the Light (Mass Market)
George R.R. Martin
Leading 90

In the name of the Pizza Lord, charge!

Who knows me, knows that I am a huge fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. My blog title should give that away already :)

Anyhow, I am currently doing my umpteenth re-read of the entire series, the second re-read just this year, because that's how much I love these books.

I am reading Dead Beat at the moment which is book #7 in the series, and it is my favorite book because a) it has lots of Waldo Butters in it and b) Harry rides a zombie dinosaur, I kid you not.

Jim Butcher was asked not too long ago how he became such a good writer. He said, he doesn't think himself so much as being a good writer but rather that he's a good storyteller, and that certainly is true. Compared to the first book in the series, his writing has improved a lot, his story telling has gotten even better, and by book 7 he has you sitting on the edge of your seat turning the pages. The number of characters he has created for these books is not so small, and we all encounter them more than once, learn more about them over the course of the books all the while Jim is bringing together all the different storylines. Details he has woven into the story in the first books, that seemed unimportant play a bigger role later. Characters we only meet in passing return 4 books later and become a big part of Harry Dresden's life. And it is just fun to watch - or read in this case - them grow.

So, if you haven't read those books yet, go do it, do it now :)